Case handling under supervision, providing excellent Client care to ensure Clients’ satisfaction, making best endeavors to convert new leads into new cases.
- Responding to Clients’ enquiries (telephones/emails) within 24 hours from receipt.
- Handling of cases, tasks under supervision of Solicitors.
- Advising clients in a professional manner and ensuring that advice given is accurate and in line with current legislation.
- Preparing court forms and statements under supervision.
- Drafting of legal documents / correspondence under supervision.
- Legal research as and when required.
- Consulting any queries or doubts with a case partner.
- Ensuring that all deadlines in tasks assigned are met or, if not possible, then risk of failure to deliver in time is communicated with sufficient notice to make alternative arrangements.
- Ensuring compliance with the relevant Procedure Rules and SRA Code of Conduct.
- Liaising with the Legal Cashier with regards to bills to and payments from Client.
- Monitoring ledgers and ensuring that payments on account are received and/or bills are not overdue before work is undertaken.
- Time recording in line with company procedures and management requests.
- Appropriate use of the CMS in accordance with company procedures and management requests, i.e. recording of new enquiries for the reporting purposes, keeping tasks assigned up to date, etc.
- Opening Clients’ cases on CMS, updating Clients’ records in accordance with the company procedures.
- Ensuring all court dates are recorded both in the central office diary and on the CMS in line with the company procedures.
- Ensuring that all limitation dates are properly recorded both in the central office diary and on the CMS in line with the company procedures and that all proceedings are issued before limitation date expires.
- Ensuring that money laundering checks and conflict checks are carried out in accordance with the company procedures.
- Reporting to COFA/MLRO/Partners any suspicious transactions/transfers.
- Answering telephones.
- Dealing with all incoming enquiries either from other offices, courts or from Clients, redirecting enquiries to appropriate person.
- Maintaining central office diary, as and when required.
- Translation of correspondence and documents as and when required.
- Covering the Receptionist’s duties, if necessary, and ensuring that all initial calls and enquiries via email or social media are being dealt with in a timely manner, within 24 hours from the receipt of email / enquiry / call at the latest.
- General administrative and ad-hoc tasks, if and when required.
Key Results / Objectives
- Excellent client care provided to all Clients.
- Cases dealt with to the highest standards.
- Court deadlines complied with.
- Tasks assigned managed and completed within timescale agreed/required.
- New enquiries dealt with and answered in a timely, professional manner.
- High conversion of leads into cases.
- Recover-ability of bills issued to Clients is maximized.